Disclaimers and Terms and Conditions of the Use of Material on this Food Blog
(The content on this page was last updated on November 29, 2021)
I am happy you have chosen to visit my food blog here at My Island Bistro Kitchen. However, there are some terms and conditions you need to be aware of before using any recipes, information, or other material you find on this site.
Before accessing or using this website, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY the following terms and conditions covering usage of the content contained on this site. Your accessing this website and/or use of content from this site indicates your acceptance of the following terms and conditions and your agreement to comply with all the terms and conditions contained herein.
1. This website is my personal blog and recipe repository. I am not a professionally trained chef. Rather, I am a recipe developer and professional food blogger who likes to cook and bake and share my recipes and culinary creations with others.
2. Unless otherwise stated, the recipes on this blog are my own creations or from my own personal family collection. The recipes have been tested multiple times by me but any recipes used from this site by anyone are at the user’s own risk. You may not always achieve the same results as I have due to various reasons including, but not limited to: individual cooking ability and skill level; quality of ingredients; ingredient variations, substitutions, and/or omissions; cooking method, equipment, and appliances; altitude, etc. This means, for example, if you omit or substitute an ingredient in a recipe, change the amount of an ingredient, use a different cooking method than that with which the recipe was developed and tested by me, use a different appliance or baking pan, pot, etc., than that called for in the recipe, you accept the risk that that the recipe may not turn out as successfully as if the original recipe was followed and used as published and intended. Therefore, while care has been taken to provide readers with accurate information, users are to use their own discretion before taking any decisions based on the information on this blog.
3. As the owner of My Island Bistro Kitchen food blog, I assume no responsibility or liability for any consequences resulting directly or indirectly from any action or inaction taken as a result of following information contained on this site or in any linked materials. This means I do not accept any legal liability or responsibility for any injury, loss, or damage incurred by the use of, or reliance upon, or interpretation of any information contained on this site or in any linked materials. Therefore, readers are to use their own discretion should they choose to cook, bake, and/or consume the dishes made from recipes found on this site.
4. For various reasons, it may be necessary for me to update older posts on this site and I am not bound to state all changes made or to give any notification of changes.
5. Part of my blog sometimes includes stories about food producers and others involved in the food industry and I will often provide a link to their websites. I do not take any responsibility for the content and links on third party websites referenced on this blog.
6. Recipe development is a laborious, time-consuming, and very costly process. A lot of hours and money have been invested in developing and testing the recipes found on this food blog. This means many hours have been spent creating the recipe, shopping, cooking, baking, multiple testings, writing, food styling, photographing, editing, and preparing content for publication to this food blog. I would ask that you please be considerate and respectful of this and that you do not misuse or misrepresent content from this blog – in other words, give credit where it’s due and don’t take content, including recipes and their methods, from this website and try in any way to pass it off as your own.
7. Unless otherwise indicated, all content, in any form, on this site is my exclusive property and is copyright-protected. This includes, but is not limited to, all written material in any form or content (including all recipes and their methods) and all photographs. Unauthorized use and/or duplication, distribution, or republication in any form of the material on this food blog is strictly prohibited. My prior written permission is required to use or reproduce content, in any form whatsoever, from this blog. However, if you would like to share the Bistro’s recipes or stories with others through social media accounts (such as Facebook or Twitter), this is permitted PROVIDED THAT
a. you credit the recipe/story to My Island Bistro Kitchen and include a clear and clickable link back to the original recipe/story on www.myislandbistrokitchen.com . For example, it would be permissible to say something like “This recipe for [Date Squares] is from My Island Bistro Kitchen.” and then provide the clickable link that takes readers back to the original recipe on My Island Bistro Kitchen’s website; and
b. you do so without changing any information whatsoever in the recipe or story.
I value my intellectual property and will aggressively enforce all copyright provisions to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. The recipes on this site are for the personal use of home cooks only to make and enjoy for themselves and their family and friends, and are NOT to be used for commercial purposes in any form (“commercial” is defined as making money from the sale of a product). If you wish to work with me regarding development of recipes for commercial purposes, please get in touch with me.
9. There is no fee for the personal use by the home cook of the recipes on this site. However, please be respectful of the use of recipes from this site for which extensive time, effort, and expense have been put into their development. Therefore, if you use recipes from this food blog, please kindly show your support by acknowledging where the original recipe came from and by telling family and friends about the food blog and by informing them that you got the recipe(s) from My Island Bistro Kitchen.
10. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time with, or without, notice.
Please do enjoy visiting my food blog but be considerate, respectful, and abide by the foregoing terms and conditions of its usage.